Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lobster Pizza

Had a few guests over this weekend to sample my first brew. I'm a non-hopsy beer person, so I tried a pretty mild "creamy" version for my initial batch. Turned out GREAT! Might try wheat beer, which is one of my favorites, next. At any rate: for appetizers with the beer I made fried calamari with homemade garlic aioli and mini- lobsta' pizzas. Here's what I did for the pizza.

Dough: just yeast (I used sourdough starter which I keep in fridge), water, flour. Pressed out into very thin rounds ala Italian pizza.

Sauce: Roasted fresh tomatoes with olive oil and Italian herbs sprinkled on top, put through food mill -- yum. [Hint: roast in oven in an easily cleanable pan on high temp (400-500) until well-browned on top; if you don't have a food mill, you can mush through a sieve.]

Lobsta: steamed Maine lobsta -- they're still reasonable this year, so find some and have fun!

Fresh basil leaves -- I have seven varieties in my herb garden: the one I used is for this is called -- pesto basil -- light green leaf with white edges, very fragrant and yummy. If you haven't tried lemon or lime basil --  they are REALLY yum!

Sprinkling of parmesan cheese (fresh from Italia, aged a long time!). Brought it back from my trip there.
Bake in hotish ovem (400-425) for a few minutes until crust is brown on bottom and begins to puff.



Enjoy.

Best,

Joe Koob

No comments:

Post a Comment