Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Rhubarb Sauce

I had an abundance of rhubarb I took from my mom's overly-zealous rhubarb plant in the backyard and what better way to use a bunch of rhubarb than to make a sauce! It just so happened I had just bought cherries, so I threw those into the mix as well. This whole meal was insanely easy and didn't take too long either! Win win. I forgot to take photos of mostly everything, so I apologize for the lack of visual aids.


1 c cherries; halved and pitted
2 c rhubarb, chopped
½ c onion, chopped
1 T balsamic vinegar
4 T sugar
¼ c water
Pork tenderloin
Olive oil

Soak cherries in balsamic vinegar and water for 15 minutes. In a saucepan, sauté onion in 2 T olive oil over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the cherry mixture, rhubarb, and sugar to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the rhubarb is tender and begins to fall apart; 5-10 minutes. Set aside for use.


Preheat oven to 425. Put ~2 T an ovenproof skillet and heat on medium-high; sear tenderloin on all sides until lightly browned. Place entire skillet into the oven and cook tenderloin for 15-20 minutes. Serve with sauce, veggies, etc.

~Koober Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment